FYI


Saturday, February 20, 2010

Kitchen Chairs Enlivened

When we remodeled our kitchen four years ago, we were given a set of six wooden chairs by my brother- and sister-in-law who had just moved into a new house. Now, I am not a great fan of "rustic" furniture, but who looks a gift horse in the mouth? Besides, the chairs are a classic design and were neutral, as in "wooden". Ultimately I would love to have some design classic like the Arne Jacobsen Series 7 chair. But I guess I will have to save a bit for that... In the meantime we have updated and enlivened our kitchen chairs with a bit of paint.

 
Oooops, I should've hoovered the floor before I took that pic *blushes*. 

Guess who walked right into the photo shoot? Yep, always there, just in case we put out some food... (In fact Skittles had just pushed a pan with left-over mashed potatoe from the kitchen counter onto the floor and was happily nibbling away at it...) Apologies for the picture quality in this post - it is difficult to really show the chairs in context. 
Essentially we painted the legs a bright red and the seat and back brilliant white. I know it is a bit playful and not very elegant. Maybe "quirky" - but I like quirky. At least it means that not everyone has it. And red just lifts my spirits...
Here we go with a little before and after - sorry, the "before" image was taken around Christmas, hence the decoration with reindeer and fir...

 

On a different note I would like to say a big thank you to you, dear readers, for taking part in my little giveaway! I love getting your comments and I usually reply to them via the comment box, myself. This time I am avoiding that because I don't want to upset the numbers for the draw. Anyway, thanks for taking part and for visiting the blog. It's not only motivating, but also uplifting to know that you are out there!!! - If you haven't yet entered the giveaway, please do so here by simply leaving a comment. I will draw the winner on Monday evening, 11.30 pm.

 Best,



 
 

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I love the chairs and the kitty too! I mix red and white together also.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sonja, How could you NOT do red and white? Red & White is YOU!!! I really do think they turned out perfect. Crisp and Welcoming at the same time. Care for a spot of tea?

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Hey Jan, you got me down to a T(ea) *winks*. Red is so me - and white, too... Thanks for your comment :-)

Unknown said...

gorgeous!! now I am inspired to try... :)

Infarrantly Creative said...

Ok those are very fun and unique. Great job Sonja!