FYI


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wake up Sonja!

OMG - I have just realized that it totally and completely passed me by that my living room re-do was featured on The Best of your Before and Afters. Jeeeeeeez, how could I have missed that? Lindsey's Blog is one of my daily stops! I think I was a bit preoccupied with my college exam at the time...

Anyway, you can see the post and Lindsey's kind comments on her blog here. There is tons of other very cool before and afters on her blog - so good and inspiring, in fact, that I regularly turn green with envy.

As regards the mysterious "sugar soap" that Lindsey refers to: It's a cleaning concoction that we used when preparing our otherwise untreated walls in the living room. According to Wikipedia it is most widely used in Commonwealth countries - hence you American readers may not have heard of it before. It gets its name from its similarity in looks to sugar. But it is actually sodium carbonate. Wikipedia informs me that it is comparable to TSP in the United States...

Off to change my notification settings now...

Best,

No comments: