FYI


Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Loot

I have to show my loot from yesterday! My friend R-M told me about a little paper shop in Dublin where a friend of hers had bought a bag full of off-cuts. Sounded good - and as Camden Street is not very far from where I live, I visited the shop yesterday. What a fantastic recommendation. Daintree Paper is an absolute treasure trove! They sell handmade paper and all trimmings that you need for making your own cards, especially wedding invitations etc. I spent quite a while browsing the beautiful paper products, getting lots of inspiration. - Eventually I found the "goody bags". For a mere € 10 I bought a whole bag full of paper off-cuts. Here is the lo(o)t:

Now, I do not really have any intention of getting big into scrapbooking or card-making. Generally I think it is overrated and in my own personal experience the receivers of cards most often than not do not appreciate the time and effort that goes into making it. Let's face it - the cards are usually received and then discarded. I do like the way people in English-speaking countries display their birthday/Christmas/special occasion cards for a while. But even then they eventually land in the recycling bin.

Nonetheless I could not resist making a card today - just as an easy project to illustrate my posting with. So here is my Daintree card, with matching tag *sooooooo twee*...

I already have a few cunning ideas up my sleeve for more paper crafts, though, so watch this space!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Inspiring sister in law! -
the blog is great and glad that you found Daintree. I love that shop but I have a feeling that there are more accessible places hiding away that I just havent manage to reach yet.
I have a few crafty places that regularly send me their schedules during the year so I will send on to you at appropriate times.
Keep it up = particularly loved the seed roll ring!
Lesley-Anne

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Hey, great to read you here, Les. Thanks for the comment! And yes, please share with me the secrets of the other wonderful shops... My fingers are itching - want to do more stuff ;-). I wish I got paid for this *hehe*

Unknown said...

When I read all this I just want to start creating things, I do not know exactly what but I have the feeling I just want to do it!
May be we can hold a session together ;)
Katja

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Hey Katja - thanks for the comment. Why not do a little crafty get-together. It seems as if I am now constantly engaged in this pastime. You can join me anytime...

Ceri Rua Designs said...

Lol I love your card, I'm actually the girl who makes the goody bags in Daintree, its my favourite job. Was just browsing for crafty blogs and saw this. Love your stuff Nikki

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

Hey Nikki - thanks for your comment. Hehe, and thanks for the great goody bag that you put together. I was really, really chuffed with all the gorgeous things I found in it. Off to check your blog now...