FYI


Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Discovery and a Successful Shopping Excursion

While I was out shopping yesterday, I came across the cutest shop. There is a overpriced rather exclusive shopping centre in the middle of Dublin, called Powerscourt Townhouse. It is situated in a splendid Georgian townhouse, built between 1771 and 1774, with wonderful stucco and cornicing still intact. In there is a new haberdashery shop called A Rubanesque  that sells the most beautiful ribbon, buttons and bits and pieces. The proprietors clearly love their shop - it so nicely designed and decorated. I couldn't help but take a picture of the shop window. Isn't this cute:






The display has already inspired me to think about some nice crafting and decorating with ribbons and buttons. 

 

Anyway, finally I was successful on my Christmas bargain hunting! I had been sooo disappointed when there were no deals to be had when I ventured out immediately after Christmas. Two weeks into the new year I was successful. Yesterday I bought this:






The baubles are hand-blown and were reduced from € 7.50 to € 2.25 for four. Not quite sure, what colour exactly they are *grins* - a dark mushroom? Aubergine? Whatever - if it doesn't fit the Christmas tree, I'll spray them a different colour. Although that might be a shame for hand-blown baubles?




I also snapped up two sparkly, red hurricanes that had been reduced to € 3.00. I used to have two dark red glass hurricanes on my kitchen mantle. When I put those in the dishwasher to clean off all the candle marks, the red colour was washed off *doh* - so I am really pleased to replace them with these.










Best,

No comments: